Are you a current or future collegiate athlete? Passionate about the mission of Special Olympics? If that sounds like you, apply to become a Special Olympics Minnesota Student Athlete Ambassador!
There are two tiers to this program: the Unified Tier and the Inclusion Tier. SOMN will reach out to athletes to apply for the Unified Tier, and you can apply here for the Inclusion Tier.
As a part of the Inclusion Tier, you will spread Special Olympics Minnesota’s mission of inclusion by posting 5 times on Instagram, Twitter and/or TikTok. In addition, you will choose between the following 3 tasks:
- Volunteer at a local SOMN event
- Take the Polar Plunge
- Work with SOMN Marketing team to provide SOMN with shareable content
As a thank you, you will receive an SOMN Welcome Kit, free apparel and VIP experiences including opportunities to attend special events, access to SOMN fundraising events and connections to Fortune 500 executives and SOMN board members.
Our Student Athlete Ambassadors are a vital part of the SOMN team. They help spread inclusion not only on their college campuses, but also across the state. Throughout the year, you will make your campus and community more inclusive—and have fun at the same time!
The 2022-23 school year Student Athlete Ambassadors are:
- Mara Braun from the University of Minnesota
- Owen Forsythe from Gustavus Adolphus
- Hannah Neusch from South Dakota State University
- Jaran Roste from Bethel University
- Danny Striggow from the University of Minnesota
Reach out to Zak Armstrong at [email protected] with questions!