Wednesday, January 19, 2022 | 5-6 p.m.
Student Leadership Summits are a great way for student leaders to learn more about inclusion, leadership and so much more!
Join us as we hear from our guest, Chris Nikic! Chris set a new world record by being the first person with Down Syndrome to complete a 140.6-mile Ironman. His mission is to inspire others like him to pursue their dreams and goals. His greatest achievement is showing others how shifting your focus from your disabilities to your abilities and pursuing your dreams with an unwavering tenacity, a positive attitude and a no-quit grit can help anyone achieve their goals and dreams. You might recognize Chris from the most recent ESPYS as he accepted the Jimmy V award!
- Ironman 140.6 Finisher
- Guinness Book Record Holder
- Special Olympics Champion Ambassador
- Invited to Ironman Hawaii for 2021
- NBC Documentary and ESPN Special Edition
- 2X ESPY Award Winner (Jimmy V for Perseverance & Male Athlete with a disability)
- Laureus Global Sporting Moment of the Year
- Kulture City Inclusion Person of the Year
- Book: 1% Better – The Chris Nikic Story (April 2021)
- Author Book: 1% Better – Reaching My Full Potential and How You Can Too (October 2021)